General Manager - Los Angeles
Join our team as the General Manager of Sneakertopia Los Angeles. Take four wall P&L accountability, leading a team of Assistant Managers, Brand Ambassadors and Sneakertopia Associates.
Be the General Manager of our Sneakertopia Pop-up Museum flagship location.
This is a temporary Salaried position that will run for four to five months. Reporting to the CEO, there is opportunity for this to evolve into a full time permanent position.
We are looking for retail & entertainment Leaders who love people, to entertain crowds, and be a team member that also leads.
You must be able to ignite the energy of your team, manage competing priorities and operational logistics in order to create a superior experience for all!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Manage day-to-day Sneakertopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high-energy work environment, while providing leadership to set and maintain Sneakertopia Brand standards and training for a superior customer experience
- Responsible to deliver, through your team of Assistant Managers, Brand Ambassadors and Sneakertopia Associates, a consistent experience for our visitors while ensuring all daily operational needs meet our high standards.
- Resolve visitor & team members concerns while establishing consistent responses and guidelines for all.
- Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our Sneakertopia location.
- Support CEO in executing cycle count and inventory management process.
- Lead additional training of all Sneakertopia associates with our retail store.
- Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedures.
- Collect visitor feedback focusing on continuous improvement.
- Maintain and build a strong sense of community, integrity and brand for all interacting with the Sneakertopia brand.
- Effectively communicate and the Senior Leadership team, direct reports & contracted vendors (security, parking services & janitorial).
- Be the steward of the Sneakertopia brand while being present and accessible throughout Sneakertopia.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- You love to work with people, with at least 3 years Leadership experience Retail, Customer Service, Entertainment or Hospitality industry.
- Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals.
- Maintain the pace and sense of urgency while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment.
- Proven success in scheduling and managing a large team of part-time employees is mandatory.
- Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters.
- Regular weekend and evening availability.
- Expertise in Google Docs, Mac OS and other productivity apps.
- High familiarity with social media apps.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Point of Sale technology, eg. Shopify POS.
- Burning desire to work in a startup, first ever, build-the-plane-while-flying-it environment.
- Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio preferred.
- Voracious learner with passion to share knowledge and improve.