Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager, Sneaker Culture Pop-Up Museum, Los Angeles, CA
Are you a sneakerhead? Do you love art and live events? If so, this may be your dream job. A new pop-up museum dedicated to sneaker culture is launching in Los Angeles, in November 2019. At the exhibit, guests will encounter immersive installations, large-scale murals, classic sneakers, and more. They will journey through the past, present and future of sneaker culture and its interplay with: sports, music, entertainment, art, design, fashion and personal creativity.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and administering social media content that is designed to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and the company. Specifically, you will be required to:
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts, comments, questions, messages and inbound inquiries and offer constructive interaction with users and customers including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Whatsapp, Snapchat, etc.
- Handle inbound comments, questions, and inquiries by responding directly, replying to comments, muting posts, or routing requests to the appropriate individuals within the Sneakertopia team.
- This person will create and grow assets directly from candid behind-the-scenes activities, micro-interviews with artists, the company’s high-visibility advisors, sneaker enthusiasts and more. Examples include: capturing, creating, writing, photographing, procuring accurate and engaging content (including video stories and video) for the community.
- Reporting and analyzing the statistics that the website and social community produces.
- Collaborate with internal creative and marketing teams to develop effective and engaging content across multiple platforms.
- Manage day-to-day social media calendar for immediate and future projects.
- Mix highly creative strategies with data driven metrics to shape current and future campaigns.
- Develop dashboards to track and report results to leadership, internal teams, and artist’s management – must be able to analyze large amounts of data and produce actionable insight.
- Manage day-to-day social listening across social platforms including engaging with new audiences and responding to our active fan base.
- Utilize social media management tools and paid media across various social networks.
- Develop monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the management and executive teams
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and evolving a social media, community and customer interaction plan that can scale to multiple museum locations.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities/Communications/Economics, or highly relevant work experience.
- Passionate about sneakers and art.
- Team player.
- Experience in customer service.
- Personable with strong communication skills.
- Adept at managing groups.
- Experience using online publishing tools like Shopify/WordPress and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat, Whatsapp, etc.).
- Experience with Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience writing and editing sneakers, fashion, lifestyle, sports, streetwear, etc. articles/content.
- Proven experience building and managing social media engagement on staple and emerging social platforms.
- (Micro)Blogging experience
- Video/Multi-media production experience
- Podcasting experience
- Social Media community management experience
- Great design eye -- skills with photoshop, canva, illustrator, etc. are a huge plus
- Tech-Savvy, Knowledge of innovative marketing trends and techniques a plus. Experience working with digital and social media analytics tools.
Why you should apply.
- This is an opportunity to join a new and ground-breaking immersive exhibition.
- You will encounter new artists, audiences and experiences involving sneaker culture.
- This is a paid position.
- The right candidate will have an opportunity to grow with the team and company.
How to apply:
- This is a creative role. Please include samples of posts/work/designs, social media profiles, etc.
- If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter below.
Sneakertopia Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, citizenship status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please visit indeed.com to apply for this position.